Lead Software Engineer, Vistaprint (Cimpress) — 2015-current
As a lead software engineer for Vistaprint’s online services group, I work as a software and infrastructure engineer. As an infrastructure engineer, I work on Kubernetes-based AWS online services, designing and deploying Kubernetes clusters and associated AWS resources (S3, PostgreSQL/Aurora database, CloudFront, load balances). I worked on implementing continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) using GitLab and GitHub/Jenkins/Spinnaker with our AWS platform. As a software engineer, I design and develop application services and APIs using Java and NodeJS and NodeJS based web clients and micro-frontends. Development included creating automated tasks for deploying AWS/Kubernetes resources from software projects using Terraform-based infrastructure-as-code with the associated application and micro-frontend services.
Q/A Automation Software Engineer, Verizon — 2014-2015
Q/A automation engineer for Verizon Terremark. Software development and maintenance of framework and service software. Developed using Java based REST services, Tomcat, Dropwizard and MySQL. PHP gateway interface for services. Regression testing for Hypervisor VM and AoE infrastructure.
Principle Systems Engineer, Dell Inc — 2010-2014
Sustaining Q/A engineer for Dell EqualLogic storage systems firmware. Q/A testing and automation of firmware base functionality and bug fix verification. Responsible for automation systems software design and engineering using Python and Java. Maintenance release code base merging, software build and packaging for customer distribution. Automation of maintenance release process.
Senior System Administrator, IDG Enterprise Inc — 2008-2010
Deployment and administration of of production, development Drupal, ruby on rails and JBoss applications on Linux based Apache and MySQL clustered services.
Senior UNIX Administrator, SupplyScape Inc — 2007-2008
Installation, administration and monitoring of multiple production and development instance JBoss based application servers. Oracle and MySQL based database installation and integration. Developed reporting system for application throughput and analysis.
Technical Support Engineer, Egenera Inc — 2006-2007
Support engineering for enterprise Egenera BladeFrame customers. Integration and setup of client systems and services with BladeFrame technology. Setup and integration of multiple storage platforms. Primary engineer creating automated phone support system. Including SIP server, provider integration, support routing and multiple tiered queuing interface, web based ACD (support agent) management.
Lead Systems Engineer, MTM Technologies Inc — 2004-2006
Managed operations for fault tolerant infrastructure for leading media content providers, online financial services, data mining and health care services providers. Creation of a network based system monitoring. Administration Sun Storage Management, Veritas Volume Management w/VXFS, Sun StorEdge 351x, A/D1000 and Clariion/EMC storage.
Infrastructure Engineer 3, Bank of America — 2002-2004**
Administration of HomeLink and Consumer Portal servers and services. Profiling and debugging of server related issues in production and development. Includes Sun Solaris, Windows NT and 2003 servers running Netscape/Sun web services, BroadVision, WebSphere, Weblogics and Orbix 3.3.4.
Systems Manager, Cornerstone Brands Inc — 2000-2001*
[ceased MA operations July 27, 2001] Maintained and managed all software engineering and staging servers for Smith & Noble and Frontgate e-commerce web sites for national high-end mail order retailer. Redesign and maintenance of web application development system servers and source control.
Senior Software Engineer (Site Accelerator Project), Genuity Inc — 2000-2000
Team member of reverse web caching infrastructure development for Genuity system fault monitoring and dynamic DNS rerouting software for Site Accelerator. Integration into Inktomi web caching system installed on Sun servers. Packaging of software for distribution. Documentation for field setup, installation and configuration.
Senior Systems Engineer, Lucent Technologies Inc — 1998-2000
Administration servers running Solaris, Windows NT/2000 and Digital UNIX. Management of distributed authentication for file, print, e-mail and remote access to systems and network resources. User and resource PDCs and BDCs, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Exchange. UNIX account and password synchronization UNIX Services for NT. Lead on enterprise Netbackup Project. Lead for multi-site Enterprise wide DNS and DHCP services. Implementation of large UNIX storage arrays using Veritas Volume Manager w/VXFS.
- Southern New Hampshire University (Computer Science)
- Northeastern University (Computer Science)
- Boston Latin School
- VMware Virtual Infrastructure with ESX Server and Virtual Center
- ITIL IT Service Management
- BroadVision System Administration for Enterprise
- Veritas Volume Manager (w/RAID-5 and VxFS) NetBackup Administrator Training
- Sun Workgroup Product Training
- Sun Enterprise Product Training
- Sun EU-118: Solaris for Advanced User
- Sun SA-135: Solaris System Administration I
- Sun SA-285: Solaris System Administration II
- Sun Sun StorEdge 3000 Series Array Installation and Administration
- HP Interoperability Technical Training
- HP UNIX and NT Integration Workshop
- HP Net Server and Vectra Technical Training
- AWS based cloud services integration (AWS, ALB, CloudFront, Aurora RDBMS, Secrets Manager, etc)
- Kubernetes cluster deployment and configuration
- GitLab CI/CD integration, project deployment into AWS compute resources
- Application services development using Java and NodeJS
- Application front-end and micro-frontend development using NodeJS, Lerna, Gatsby
- Integration and administration of PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Oracle
- UNIX: Linux (multiple flavors), BSD, HP-UX 9.x, AIX, SunOS/Solaris (all versions), OSF/1 3.2 and up (Digital UNIX, currently True64 UNIX),
- Microsoft: All versions of Windows
- Macintosh: All versions, MacOS
- VMware virtualization services
- Multiple Cisco switch, PIX firewalls, F5 load-balancers
- EMC CLARiiON FC4500, Symmetrix 5000, 3par, Sun 3000 services storage
- Bourne Shell (and BASH), C (and c/tc shell), Korn Shell
- General development using C++, PHP, JAVA, NodeJS, Perl, Python, Tcl/TK, and .Net Code
- CGI/Web programming in most of the above languages. PHP/Smarty and PERL/Mason template-based web application development. JBoss development and integration.
- HP Openview, Nagios, BigBrother monitoring systems